• 201 E Pine St #445 Orlando, FL 32801
  • (407) 647-7887
  • aducker@cplspa.com
July 11, 2016

Can my mother give me money when she moves into my house?

by Aubrey Harry Ducker Jr. in
[yt id=”mUxLN9jmpC8″]

If you’re dealing with elders and moving them into your home and want them to pay you money, it’s important that there be some written understanding concerning how the money is to be used, how it’s to be accounted for. It’s important for long term planning that money is not just transferred in large sums without documentation. That can cause the parent or the senior to be ineligible for Medicaid if it’s done improperly. If this is something that you’re considering for your family, please seek the guidance of an elder law attorney. Ask them to look at your situation and help you to do this in the most efficient manner.