• 201 E Pine St #445 Orlando, FL 32801
  • (407) 647-7887
  • aducker@cplspa.com
July 11, 2016

What are the requirements to move to another state with my children?

by Aubrey Harry Ducker Jr. in
[yt id=”36917CQJvog”]

It’s very important in Florida that you follow the statute before you move the children. If you move the children without following the very specific statute on relocation, the judge is almost required to hold it against you. You have to have the other parent’s permission before you move, or at least provide them statutory notice of where you’re going, what you’ll be doing, what the child will be doing. If you don’t provide that notice, it can be held against you. It’s very important to seek out an attorney if you’re considering relocation. This is something that most attorneys can help you with. Select a collaborative attorney and it might be something that you can work out by your decision with the other parent in a much more efficient manner.