Military Divorce Attorney | Orlando
Divorce Services for Orlando Servicemembers and Retirees
Military professions put a lot of stress on family life. When divorce happens, there are specific procedures to follow. Military divorce involves the typical divorce factors: asset division, child custody, alimony, and child support. However, there are other factors that apply to military divorces. Every year, There are 3.1 divorces out of 1,000 military marriages. This is roughly the same rate as the civilian divorce rate. That is where similarities between military and civilian divorces end. Contact Aubrey Harry Ducker Jr. – an experienced Orlando military divorce attorneys today.
To understand your case, we need to ask specific questions pertaining to military divorces. These though are not limited to, the following:
- What state will the divorce be filed in? Military families tend to move around quite a bit.
- The city and state where the service member is stationed. This will be the location to file the divorce
- How will deployment affect the timesharing plan?
- Proper notice must be provided to the military spouse when they are overseas, via the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Should child support or spousal support be paid for with active-duty pay or off-duty pay?
- Will the children’s health care benefits be paid for by the service member?
- Is the non-servicemember spouse eligible for military retirement benefits?
Attorneys Who Care About Resolving Matters with Compassion
Many soldiers suffer from negative psychological problems. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and traumatic brain injuries to depression, anxiety, and substance abuse cause many issues. Military men are the victims of a demanding profession. They work under the most intense conditions imaginable. Attorney Aubrey Harry Ducker Jr. helps spouses and service members settle divorces peacefully. He always prioritize the interests of the children over the spouses. Similarly, he understand the demands of the military. Attorney Aubrey Harry Ducker Jr. strives to help our military clients gain custody and visitation rights. Aubrey Harry Ducker Jr. is a military divorce attorneys will help you in your case.
Retirement Benefits for Non-Servicemember Spouses
The spouses of service members may be entitled to retirement benefits. These are paid directly to them via the government if they meet certain criteria:
- They were married to a servicemember for 10 years or more
- Their spouse was in the military for at least 10 years of your marriage.
Even if these criteria are not met, you may be eligible for retirement benefits, paid to you via your servicemember spouse.
Contact Professional Orlando Military Divorce Attorney Aubrey Harry Ducker Jr.
Typically, military divorce cases are more complicated than civilian divorces. An attorney is still necessary even if both parties are willing to work through a collaborative divorce. Also regardless of if they want to end on good terms. The military divorce attorneys Aubrey Harry Ducker Jr. is knowledgeable in all areas of both military and civilian divorce cases.
Struggling with child custody or a divorce? If you are seeking legal representation contact Attorney Aubrey Harry Ducker Jr. Attorney Aubrey Harry Ducker Jr. handle’s every legal representation from family law to elder law. Call us at (407) 645-3297 (Ask For Aubrey) or send us a send us a message. Visit Aubrey Harry Ducker Jr’s Office. Attorney Aubrey Harry Ducker Jr. serves Altamonte Springs, Longwood, Maitland, Orlando, Oviedo, Winter Garden, Winter Park and Winter Springs and surrounding areas.